About the Chamber
Coats Area Chamber of Commerce was incorporated in 1982. Originally it was formed primarily for assisting in the unification of the Coats Area business community, and to encourage the residents of Coats and the surrounding areas to do their shopping locally thereby patronizing the chamber members.
The chamber’s formation was also prompted by an expressed need for a local, viable organization to contact for information regarding Coats and the surrounding community — and the chamber is continuing to fulfill this need.
The idea was:
- As a federation of business and professional firms within the community, chambers have a great power and influence through the information they provide and the ability to keep chamber members motivated to communicate regularly within their community.
- Cities and towns are what their citizens make them. The Chamber of Commerce is the vehicle through which the community’s desires (and some needs) are met.
The chamber takes pride in its rapidly growing list of members drawn from local retail, commercial and industrial businesses, as well as professionals, nonprofit organizations and other citizens in Coats and surrounding areas interested in the concepts of business development, community improvement, and cultural and environmental enhancement.
To promote a favorable business climate for our membership and community. To plan and promote community events. To work on issues of community interest. To provide business leadership for improvement of the economy and quality of life.
As it works to improve our community’s economy and quality of life, your chamber keeps these broad objectives in mind:
- to help businesses prosper and grow
- to plan and promote community wide activities, functions, events & festivals
- to provide the community with opportunities to get to know the businesses in the area
- to encourage and promote competitive marketing
- to provide weekly newsletters, announcements, social media and other communications