Why should I join the Chamber of Commerce?
Benefits from the Business Owner Perspective
1. Membership brings credibility to your business. You can increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you’re identified as a member of a chamber of commerce.
2. Increase your visibility in the community. As a new member of the chamber of commerce, you will be listed in the chamber newsletter, e-newsletter, on Facebook and have the opportunity to be highlighted in other chamber publications. You also can grow your business by advertising with the chamber and sponsoring events. The chamber may also promote your grand opening/ ribbon-cutting ceremony and assist with any public relations efforts.
3. Create networking opportunities. Chambers have numerous committees and serving on one of them provides numerous networking opportunities as well as professional leadership development. You can build your business while promoting developments of keen interest to local businesses and the community at large.
4. Make business contacts. The chamber’s most fundamental mission is to generate more business activity for the community. The chamber initiates more business-to-business commerce and more opportunities for networking and connecting local professionals than is available through most other local organizations.
5. Receive chamber newsletters. Newsletters provide new member information, interesting information about operating a local business, articles about the local community, a community calendar and details about up-and-coming chamber events, among other things.
6. Acquire customer referrals. Every day, your local chamber receives calls from individuals and businesses looking for potential vendors, and chamber members typically recommend chamber members.
7. Chamber events and programs. Chamber events and programs provide members with great opportunities to get to know new people and expand their prospect base. Chamber events are innovative and fun ways to help members meet potential customers, clients and vendors- and generate new business leads.
8. Promotion and publicity. With a chamber membership, you can reach potential clients through member exclusive advertising and opportunities for business-to-business advertising and publicity.
9. Access to members-only discounts and services. These differ from chamber to chamber and is an area we want to expand upon in 2017.
10. Mentoring – When you are starting or trying to grow your own small business, and the local Chamber of Commerce is a great place to find a mentor. It’s also a great place for you as an established small business owner or entrepreneur to offer your services to an up and comer in this regard. Nothing pays you back like paying it forward, and mentoring is no exception to that rule.
11. Sponsorship opportunities – There is no better way to help your community than by getting behind the programs at your local chamber. We have opportunities just waiting for you to put your name on…